Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum builds software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and move faster. Our philosophy is people-first, whether we're supporting team members in their careers or prioritizing our clients with a best-in-class customer success program. Quorum's clients use our tools to bring a modern approach to advocacy work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
As our Deal Desk Coordinator reporting to our Vice President of Operations, you will be responsible for quality assurance and sales support for software sales professionals as they work to configure, price, and quote deals. You will ensure that Quorum delights our clients and vendors by providing an accurate, transparent, and timely contract review and approval process.
What You'll Do:
- First week: You'll learn the ins and outs of Quorum’s Quote and Subscription Agreement processes, gain exposure to our client’s perspective on our contract workflow, and get to know 5+ dedicated Quorum Operations team members
- First month: You will begin to review Salesforce Quote Approvals to verify accuracy of information including, but not limited to, contract terms, billing information, pricing, and consistency with company policies
- First 6 months: You will complete Quorum Tech Ramp—a process to teach Deal Desk team members how to complete technical procurement information—and begin completing first drafts of technical submissions and/or edits for client subscription agreements. You will conduct a Quality Assurance Audit on 100% of active client subscriptions and vendor agreements. Through this process, you will document and remediate any errors identified (e.g., contract covers a 366 day “annual” period instead of a 365 day “annual” period, contract references outdated technical specifications, etc.)
- First Year: You will become extremely well-versed in Quorum’s configuration, pricing, and quoting policies and procedures, including how to respond to FAQs and use business logic to determine answers to unique situations presented to the Deal Desk. Based upon your individual strengths and performance, you will be well situated to progress to a Senior Deal Desk Coordinator, pursue other entry- to mid-level opportunities in software sales operations, and/or transition into a client-facing role.
- You consider attention to detail to be one of your signature strengths. In a room full of 1,000 professionals, you would feel comfortable raising your hand to indicate that you are in the Top 5% in terms of overall attention to detail—and your previous former bosses would agree!
- You are currently comfortable converting technical jargon (e.g., AWS → Amazon Web Services → premier cloud computing platform) into straightforward language that a non-technical audience can understand or willing to dive-into a technical training program to gain this skill
- You are interested in pursuing a long-term career in sales operations in a start-up environment
- You care deeply about being a part of building an inclusive and diverse team environment
- You will stand out if you have experience working with Salesforce CPQ or alternative pricing and configuration tools (e.g., Oracle CPQ, Apptus)
- You are a superstar if you have experience working on or adjacent to a Sales Operations team with a Deal Desk function and have honed the ability to apply logic and business standards to solve an unfamiliar problem
About the Operations Team:
- We take pride in keeping the metaphorical train on its track at a high-growth start-up
- We are the resident subject matter experts on business operations—our team covers sales operations, finance, and human resources!
- We believe that precedent is not best practice—we are constantly striving to improve our own workflow. In doing so, we live by Quorum’s growth principles to Take the Lead and Own the Execution
- We pay attention to the details and have pride in the work we do, knowing that our team helps provides peace of mind to our team members, clients, and vendors
- We're close as a company—we work together, spend time together, and value each others' ideas and input
Our Work Environment:
- We usually work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office. During the COVID-19 health crisis, most of our team members are working from home in locations around the world. Team members will have the option to work from home until at least January 31, 2020. Those that feel safe re-entering the office earlier can apply to be part of a pilot re-entry program.
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
- Our team enjoys doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and family-friendly costume contests
Do you want to have a big impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works? If so, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
- Base Compensation: $50,000.00 – $56,500.00 (commensurate with experience)
- Variable Compensation: Up to $5,000 team bonus on an annual basis, paid out in bi-annual installments
- On Target Earnings (OTE): $55,000 - $61,500.00
- Benefits: 401(k) match, health/dental, 12-weeks paid maternity/paternity/adoption/fostering leave, unlimited PTO, and more.